Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, February 1, 2013

ice cream & sammies...



ICE CREAM

I have finally accepted the fact that I can no longer eat ice cream.  One of the "side-effects" of the Sleeve Gastrectomy is that many people find they can no longer tolerate certain foods.  The type of intolerance is random and cannot be predicted.  My NUT said that one of her patients cannot tolerate vanilla ice cream--any other flavor is fine.  I, however, can't seem to tolerate ANY flavor of ice cream.  One bite and I start feeling nauseated; three bites or more and I am bent over the toilet (or the garbage disposal ala Tina) for a while.  Bad times, my friends.

SANDWICHES

I met my mother at one of our favorite local lunch spots yesterday.  Since I can now eat some breads, I ordered the chicken salad sandwich (toasted to dry out the bread).  I have now eaten three meals off of this sandwich (lunch, dinner & even breakfast this morning) and still have over 1/2 of the sandwich left!!!

My weight is holding steady between 199.0-199.9.  Still under 200!!!  I have been terrible with the H20 lately and am hoping that getting back on that wagon will help get me back in the losing game.  Plus, it's the week before 'The Crying Time' and that never helps with the scales, either.

Happy Weekend, Y'all!
post signature


2 comments:

Tamzin said...

Hum, that is so interesting about the random intolerance to certain things.

Happily/sadly I love and can still eat some icecream. I get those little tiny cup things ... err, a real serving and enjoy them.

I have not yet found something that I can't tolerate at all... but now that I've typed that, I'm sure something will come up.

Congrats on the >200's. That is awesome!!!!!!!! I'm looking at getting into the under 250's this month. That is going to be a big milestone for me. My college weight was 220 - 235... boom! Its going to happen!!!

Tina said...

good lordy--Ice cream?? I know you will cope but that one would be hard. It is worth it I know and I am sooo happy the sleeve is working!