Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, October 29, 2010

yummiest smoothie EVAR!

OK, maybe not ever.  But, it's pretty darn good.  I think I've finally found a good, basic recipe that I can use with whatever fruit is on hand.  The key ingredients are Greek yogurt, egg-white protein powder (doesn't have that awful aftertaste), and just a smidgen of liquid.  I use frozen fruit and was having a problem with it turning into "ice cream" instead of a drink.  2 oz. of apple juice or Naked Protein Zone helps keep it liquid-y.
6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or plain+1 tsp agave nectar)
1/2 scoop unflavored egg-white protein powder
1 tsp flax oil
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen mixed fruit
2 oz Naken Protein Zone (flavor depends on what fruit I've used)

This morning I used frozen mango & pineapple and used the Mango Protein Zone.  Last night I had blueberry & cantaloupe with the Mixed Berry Protein Zone.  

And here's the best part...32 grams protein!!!

post signature

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds yummy.

Sam said...

Sounds pretty good. Especially the protein total :o)

Ms. M said...

Adding this to my go to list for the next round of 'dental biss.' Thanks for sharing. :)

Joey said...

I'm thinking of ordering this because I only like the pre-mixed protein shakes, but they are kind of expensive. Would you say it's really unflavored?

Lynda said...

I don't notice a taste...although I've never tried it in anything other than fruit smoothies. Dunno how it would be in something like juice or soup.