Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

crossfit anyone? *updated*

I just discovered that there is a CrossFit studio just 5 miles away!  I've done some research, and it sounds very similar to the workouts I did with a Personal Trainer a couple of years ago.  The bonus?--it is 1/3 the cost and I don't have to get up at 5am!!!  I really enjoyed working out with the PT, but it was just so darn expensive that I couldn't keep it up.

I called today to schedule my initial consultation--just waiting for the call back.  I'm hoping to schedule something for Monday.

[*UPDATE*--just got off the phone with Keefa, the owner of my local CrossFit gym.  I love her already! She seems to be really excited about what she's doing and was extremely personable over the phone.  I have a consultation/1st workout scheduled for Monday @10am.]

I know that someone on the blogs has been doing CrossFit, but I cannot for the life of me remember who. If you are reading this and are so inclined, please email me (thistimenextyear.lynda@gmail.com).

Ciao!
post signature

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Beth and Maria both do cross fit and love it.

right now I am being abused two days a week by a trainer. That is enough for me! Ready to start my yoga again though!

Lynda said...

I'm really hoping that this turns out to be my "thing." Nothing else I've tried has really stuck with me.

Kristin said...

Lynda what is CrossFit? If there someplace I can go to read up on it! Interested in learning knew things! Although I am loving YOGA and Zumba and my most favorite thing LAP SWIMMING, who would of known. LOL

Dawnya said...

Good for you Lynda. I hope you enjoy it.

Beth Ann does CF...she is addicted since she started. She loves the changes in her body.

Camille is a CF too. Her hubby actually owns a CF studio.

Rhonda said...

That sounds awesome! I just saw a CF studio when I was driving the other day, I might have to call and check it out. :)