Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, June 30, 2011

tomatoes & corn...

Tomato-Corn Pie, Eating Well Magazine (click picture for link to recipe)
Corn & tomatoes are in season here in Georgia and I can't wait to start cooking! (even though I most likely won't be eating)  I stopped by a local produce stand in my hometown earlier today and picked up 5 ears of Silver Queen and 2 pounds vine-ripened, locally grown tomatoes.  I think The Hubs might soon be indulging in this yummy sounding tomato-corn pie.  I'll bet he won't even miss the meat!

Tomato Phyllo Tart, Eating Well Magazine

This one will rock with a bit of basil from my sister's garden (I didn't grow any this year).  I'll bet I could sprinkle some corn on this one, too.  Maybe even a little cojita and some cayenne instead of the basil--hello Mexican Corn Tart!  Mmmmmm....

post signature

2 comments:

Amanda said...

both looks great! Silver queen is my favorite corn! I've got 50 cucumbers right now and about 20 little crooked neck squash. I am not exaggerating at all. I am pickling the cucs with Siracha and making squash casserole this weekend!

Last year we made loads of pizzas but using a peeler and making thin ribbons of squash, pesto, onion, and tomatos with some feta or mozz. Chris loved it even without meat!!

Lynda said...

That pizza sounds yummy!