Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, January 13, 2012

order [ˈɔːdə]


order [ˈɔːdə]
noun 
1. a state in which all components or elements are arranged logically, comprehensibly, or naturally  2. a peaceful or harmonious condition… 
verb
1. (to arrange, regulate, or dispose (articles) in their proper places 
adjective  "in order" 
1.  in sequence  2.  properly arranged  3.  appropriate or fitting
I have thought extensively about my Word of the Year for 2012 and have been struggling to choose between"order" and "flexibility."  
flex·i·ble   [ˈflɛksɪbəl]  
adjective 
1.  Responsive to change; adaptable
While they initially seemed to me to be mutually exclusive, I eventually realized that one actually lends itself to the other. If I have order in all aspects of my life (mind, health, home, etc) then I will have the ability to be flexible without throwing my life into chaos.

I've had much deeper thoughts on the subject, but this is all I can get on paper at the moment.  Perhaps I should start working on ordering my mind first...

Cheers!

post signature

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Great word! I need to start thinking of my word too!

Sam said...

Good point there. Order is a great word for the year :o)