Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

it's all downhill from here...

It's been a week since my doctor's weigh-in and my 1.5 lb gain.  It's been a good week!  I fell like I'm finally back on track with my eating plan (I refuse to call it a diet) and my scale rewarded me with a 1 lb. loss.  Woot! Woot!

At this point, there's not really a whole lot of band related stuff going on--just eating (or not), exercising, and waiting.

In non-band news...Murphy (our foster dog) ate part of a wooden spoon.  For those who don't have dogs, eating a wooden spoon is NOT GOOD.  There are potential complications with splinters and/or puncturing and blocking the intestines.  Luckily, we got him to the emergency vet in time and the spoon was still in his stomach.  6 hours, 1 emergency endoscopy and $1200 later--Murphy is home and doing just fine.  Luckily, the rescue organization covered the bill.

We still want to adopt him--are we crazy in the head?  On the other hand, how could anybody resist this...

4 comments:

Jen said...

adorable! I would adopt that cutie too.... a little bit of training will go a long way with a rescue dog (we have 3). They are the best :)

Debi said...

He is adorable! I couldn't resist him either!

Girl Bandit said...

OMG...adopt him adpot him!!! We had a kitten at work (I am a vet nurse) and my DH said no way so I took it to college and found it a home....feels so good. We rescued our dog nearly a year ago and he is so part of our family. Maybe just foster him until he grows out of the eating things stage if they are going to pay the bills...LOL

MandaPanda said...

Hi! Wanted to let you know I gave you the sunshine blogger award.