Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

30 day shred begins today...

I got a package in the mail yesterday:  Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred!  According to the website, this video has:

three 20-minute circuit-training workouts that burn mega calories and build strong, lean muscle. Each level contains a 20-minute workout based on Jillian's exclusive 3-2-1 Strength/ Cardio/Ab training circuit: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work. There's also a brief warm-up session and a cool down stretch.

I will be starting it today and will let you know how it goes.  The cover claims that you can lose "up to 20 pounds in 30 days."  I am hoping for 10, but will be happy with 8.  I do have a Lap-Band after all, and 8 lbs in a month should be a reasonable expectation.


post signature

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Please keep us posted. I've been going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, but scale still not moving as fast as I would like.

Amanda said...

8lbs a month will be perfect! That is a goal for me! Let me know if you like it! I've never done one of her workouts before!

MandaPanda said...

I've heard this video kicks butt! I'm too scared to try it. LOL. I think 8 lbs is totally doable.

Maria said...

I love this video -- it kicked my butt big time!

Ashlylin said...

I have this video but must admit it was super hard for me. Let me know how you like it. Maybe we can make a pact to do it so many days, etc. When I did it, I had to stop a few tiems. I have no doubt that you will see amazing results!

Lee Ann said...

It's a good workout. I lost 8 pounds the first month (and I don't have a band, sadly). I love it because it doesn't require coordination or girlie dance moves....I wish I had those moves, but I don't. :)