Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

i don't understand, but i'll take it anyway...

Still not much weight loss...holding steady @ 209 for MONTHS!  But, yesterday I went bathing suit shopping and was very solidly in a 14.  I also bought a pair of 14 capris.  That's not to say that I'm a 14 now--most of the pants I tried in 14 were too small (but, I was able to get them on and zipped).  Since I'm not really losing, I measured myself today and guess what?--1/2" down on both waist & hips.  How does that happen?

Also...I have a fill scheduled for Monday!  I met with doc last week and he thinks that I need a tad more.  I am not always hungry, but I do feel like a bottomless pit at least twice a week.  We looked over my history, and he mentioned that I am a bit behind--not just with weight loss but also with the number of fills (blame it on my original doctor who only filled me twice in the first 6 months).  

This time, he will fill me until it seems "perfect" and then take a little back out in order to [hopefully] avoid the swelling issues I've had which have let to un-fills the last few times. I'm also going to try Jenny's trick of loading up on Ibuprofen a day or two before.  I'm a little nervous about the timing since we're leaving for vacation the day after the fill...keep your fingers crossed for me.

Although I have been WAY more active this last month, I'm still not doing any "formal" exercise.  Maybe that has something to do with the weight loss stall---ya think?

post signature

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I was just thinking of you yesterday! Good to hear from you!

MandaPanda said...

At least you're losing inches! My doc does almost all the fills that way (fill you up and then back out) and it's worked pretty well for me. Hope this gets you to a good spot!

Beth Ann said...

It is GREAT that you are taking measurements. Inches are just as important (if not MORE important) than pounds. YAY!! Good luck with the fill.

Grandma Bonnie said...

I held at 204 for 6 fricken weeks. Got a fill on 5/18 and waited two weeks for it to kick in. Woohoo, I am now at 197.Onederf*ckinland.
Slow and steady will always win the race.

Susan said...

Hi Lynda. I just found you blog and am a new follower. Look forward to sharing the journey.