On one hand, I'm finally losing weight like I thought I was expecting to do 6 months ago. I'm not hungry. And, did I mention that I'm finally losing?!?!?
On the other hand, I am now dealing with heartburn on a regular basis and I never know from one meal to the next if I'm going to be able to eat (mushies included). Earlier today, I found myself struggling with a cup of hot tea.
LapBandGal posted a chart recently that got me thinking...maybe I'm just a smidge too tight? I have managed to avoid making poor food choices (no ice cream for me!), but I'm certainly not able to eat the variety of foods that make for a healthy diet. Obviously, the fact that I'm getting anything down is better than what I've experienced in the past. But, I don't think that relying on SlimFast for breakfast and lunch everyday is where I really want to be.
I just wonder if I can ride it out until I see the doctor again in 4 weeks.

7 comments:
I'm sorry. Maybe you do need a tiny bit taken out. Maybe try to stick it out a few more days to see if your body adjusts, but if it stays like this I wouldn't wait the 4 weeks until you see your doctor.
As someone who has been in your shoes two different times, DON'T put it off for four weeks. you will only get more and more miserable! You don't have to have it all taken out, just a smige. Plus, if they are anything like my surgeon, if you go back within a week, no additional charge. Don't get sucked in by the drastic weight loss, you will do more damage than good if you remain too tight, and it sounds like you are. Best of luck!
Don't wait to long! Misery is not worth it.
I know you'll figure out the right thing to do!
PS that soup was fantastic.
Don't put it off! It will just get worse, I'm afraid. Call your doc and see what he/she thinks!
Don't put it off! Tight bands can cause big problems...even if it's just a "smidge" too tight.
Based on what you describe (heartburn/inability to eat), I think you might need a smidge out. I'd call and see what they think.
one thing I have learned, if you THINK you may be too tight, you probably are. Just go in and have a smidge...a tish...a baby bit taken out and you will feel better emotionally about where you are in the zones.
Post a Comment