Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

counting down...pre-op day 13

Alright, let me just get it out there--1st day of pre-op liquid diet SUCKED!  But, I did it.  Moving on.

****Note to self:  do not buy rotisserie chicken for Darrell and then have to smell it in the car all the way home from the grocery store on your first day of a liquid diet.  That's just mean.****

Here's the thing that has me stumped.  I was expecting to be hungry.  I was not expecting to be so thirsty.  Did anyone else experience intense thirst during the beginning of the liquid phase?


post signature

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I don't remember thirst, but I do know I drank about 10-12 glasses of water. And I spent more time peeing. Wanted to install my computer in the toilet.

Going off carbs makes your body release a whole lot of water which probably makes you thirsty. Just keep drinking water. And you might want a bit of salt (broth) as you lose a lot of that too. You'll get through these days. Just remember we all did it, some with tiny little cheats (me!). It is probably the toughest part of the surgery. Go figure. But it gets better after the first few days.

Alison said...

I don't remember feeling thirsty during my pre-op. But like Sandy Lee I spent alot of time peeing, although when i've started any "diet" i've been like that, guess its due to less salt.

I seem to remember people saying that the first 2 or 3 days are the worst, you'll get used to it in time, I had soup aswell as shakes and I found that that really helped.

Lots of luck,

Suzi said...

I don't think I was thirsty becauseI was drinking so much, just keep drinking water.....I learned about the rotesserie chicken too...