Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, June 14, 2010

adding insult to injury...

...or, rather, adding injury to injury.  My first real foray out of the house since surgery was a trip to my in-laws' house yesterday.  We were celebrating my MIL's birthday.  It was nice--I had made some zucchini-cheddar soup and was quite satisfied with that.  Then, I took a nap while everyone else went swimming (I'm still only 5 days out from surgery and get tired easily).  As we were leaving, I fell off of the front "porch" stoop thingy (about 3-4 feet high) and twisted my ankle.  I'm going this morning to have an xray.  Keep your fingers crossed that it's not broken.  Bah!

In other news, I feel pretty good with all things band related.  I even moved into the puree stage today and had a scrambled egg for breakfast.  Yummy!

***update***  My ankle is NOT broken!--just a severe sprain.  More drugs, ice & elevation.  Follow-up in 5 weeks.
post signature

5 comments:

Lap Band Groupie said...

Oh man...here's hoping it's just a sprain (no more walking on drugs!).

DB said...

Oh Lynda - I hope it's nothing serious!

Jenny said...

oh no! I'm so sorry! Sounds like something I would do. I'm a huge klutz.

T. Michelle said...

congrats on your surgery...welcome to bandland! glad your ankle is not broken...get well soon!

Alison said...

You poor thing, get lots of rest.