Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, February 1, 2010

Updates, baby steps & confessions...

Updates:  Some of you may remember that I mentioned a sleep study a few posts back.  I got the results last week, and the good news is that I don't have sleep apnea.  The bad news is that now we are back to square one in figuring out why I'm so tired all of the time.  Some days, I seriously CAN NOT function in the afternoon without taking a 30-60 minute nap.  I have a follow-up with my PCP this afternoon--hopefully she'll have some ideas.  I am also hoping to get my letter of "recommendation" from her for the surgery.  She wanted to wait for the sleep study results so that she could include sleep apnea as a comorbidity if the test had been positive.  (Un?)Fortunately, I still meet the BMI requirements (over 40) without comorbidities; so, I still qualify for Aetna coverage on the surgery.

Baby Steps:  Coincidentally, there is a Fitness 19 across the street from my doctor's office (which is only about 4 miles from home).  I'll go check it out after my appointment.  It is my understanding that Fitness 19 is just a basic gym with cardio & weights.  No classes, no sauna, no pool, etc.  But, it is also my understanding that they are relatively inexpensive and don't require contracts and such.  There is also a Bally's <1/2 mile from home, but I'm just not very excited about it.  I think my sticking point with them is that they make you sign an agreement that they are not responsible for anything bad that happens even if it is due to their negligence.  I just can't get beyond that.  I have high hopes for Fitness 19.  It may be a good chance to try out different machines before purchasing equipment for (what I hope will be) my basement gym.

Confessions:  I've fallen off the wagon with my eating...poor food choices & large portions for the last several days.  Started today off with left-over lasagna for breakfast.  There's no time to beat myself up about it.  I've done it...move along.  So, it's back on the wagon for the rest of the day and back on track for another 5 lb. loss by Feb. 23 (my next weigh-in with the bariatric specialist).  I'm still not drinking enough water and will work on that starting...right now.

Cheers!

1 comment:

MandaPanda said...

I think all big gyms make you sign something like that about liability but with a good attorney, if something happens, you could probably get around that. As for the poor eating choices, like you said, get back up on the wagon starting now. No use wallowing..what's done is done. Good luck!